Innovative Communication & Training Solutions (ICTS) is a training, coaching, and consulting firm that can help you improve all aspects of your workplace communication.
Company President, Amy P. Castro
Amy P. Castro is president of Innovative Communication & Training Solutions. She has more than 20 years experience in communication and training for business, the federal government and higher education.
She is recognized for her abilities in all areas of workplace communication including oral and written communication, customer service, coaching, conflict resolution, presentation and facilitation skills and leadership/management skills.
She is also the author of Practical Communication: 25 Tips, Tools & Techniques for Getting Along & Getting Things Done, in which she offers straightforward advice for communicating successfully at home, at work, and in the community.
Amy’s certifications and affiliations include:
- Certified Consultant- Birkman International. Amy is a certified Birkman Consultant, trained to administer the Birkman Method asessment and administer feedback to those who complete it. The Birkman Method is a powerful tool that identifies a person’s passions, behaviors, motivations, and interests. The Birkman Method is a scientifically developed, multi-dimensional assessment designed to help you achieve more at work and at home. It integrates behavioral, motivational and occupational data together to predict behavior and work satisfaction across situations. The Birkman Method is the personality assessment for improving people skills and aligning roles and relationships for maximum productivity and success.
- Certified Facilitator- Development Dimensions International (DDI). Completing the Developing Extraordinary Facilitators course and becoming a Certified Facilitator qualifies Amy to facilitate the nearly 60 DDI training courses for any organization using DDI products and services.
- AdjunctInstructor- San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas, where she instructs students in public speaking, business/professional speaking and interpersonal communication.
- Professional Member & Houston Chapter Board of Directors Member- National Speaker’s Association.
- Board of Directors Member- Association of Business & Professional Women.
Before founding ICTS, Amy served for four years in the U.S. Air Force and was the deputy chief of public affairs and the chief of media relations at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
As an Air Force Captain, she performed communication and media-relations activities and was responsible for advising and training senior Air Force officers as well as mid-level and junior staff members in media interviewing, presentation skills and persuasion.
Amy holds a master’s degree in human communication theory from the University of Northern Colorado and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from The George Washington University.