Innovative Communication & Training Solutions (ICTS) is a training, coaching, and consulting firm that can help you improve all aspects of your workplace communication.
Company President, Amy P. Castro
Hello! I’m Amy and I’m president of Innovative Communication & Training Solutions. I have more than 25 years experience in communication and training for business, the federal government and higher education.
My life’s work has been to help people improve all areas of workplace communication including oral and written communication, customer service, coaching, conflict resolution, presentation and facilitation skills and leadership/management skills.
I am the author of Practical Communication: 25 Tips, Tools & Techniques for Getting Along & Getting Things Done, in which I offer straightforward advice for communicating successfully at home, at work, and in the community.
My certifications and affiliations include:
- Certified Consultant- Birkman International. I am a certified Birkman Consultant, trained to administer the Birkman Method assessment and administer feedback to those who complete it. The Birkman Method is a powerful tool that identifies a person’s passions, behaviors, motivations, and interests. The Birkman Method is a scientifically developed, multi-dimensional assessment designed to help you achieve more at work and at home. It integrates behavioral, motivational and occupational data together to predict behavior and work satisfaction across situations. The Birkman Method is the personality assessment for improving people skills and aligning roles and relationships for maximum productivity and success.
- Certified Facilitator- Development Dimensions International (DDI). Completing the Developing Extraordinary Facilitators course and becoming a Certified Facilitator qualifies me to facilitate the nearly 60 DDI training courses for any organization using DDI products and services.
- Adjunct Instructor- San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas, where I instructs students in public speaking, business/professional speaking and interpersonal communication.
- Professional Member & Houston Chapter Board of Directors Member- National Speaker’s Association.
- Board of Directors Member- Association of Business & Professional Women.
Before founding ICTS, I served for four years in the U.S. Air Force and was the deputy chief of public affairs and the chief of media relations at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
As an Air Force Captain, I performed communication and media-relations activities and was responsible for advising and training senior Air Force officers as well as mid-level and junior staff members in media interviewing, presentation skills and persuasion.
I have a master’s degree in human communication theory from the University of Northern Colorado and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from The George Washington University.